View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #329
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I'm supposed to believe Mike went from retired Beat Cop in philly to right hand man to the largest drug kingpin in the American Southwest in 7 years?

He went from taking kickbacks as a cop to organizing and vetting hundreds of individuals in an ongoing, potentially billion dollar criminal enterprise?

"If I can't find anything on you before 1987, I doubt Schrader can."

Also, Kaley seems to be the same age.

It's a bit of a stretch, but I also feel like Season 5 of Breaking Baddid a good job of doing the same thing.
I think Mike's character has been pretty consistent, and his backstory has been built well enough to be believable.

He has the connections, capabilities, intelligence, and foresight. He is also extremely cautious and detail oriented. He found ways to survive the police force in Philadelphia, amidst the corruption/justice duality, until his son's ethics challenged his own.

However, I did have to wonder why Kaylee seems, at youngest, 8 although it is set 6 years before BB and she is 10 in that series.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote