View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #213
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
No because I don't necessarily care that they're being scratched (although I'm of the opinion that watching the game isn't that big of a deal for them, but you guys made some good points about that so okay) but I do care about it for the fans sake.

I'd be bummed if I had my tickets for tonight. I can't imagine how bummed I'd be if it was one of my only chances to go to a game.

No fan is going to care if Russell is missing but Monahan AND Gaudreau? Might as well watch the Hitmen.
Cool. Thanks for the honest reply.

But this is the situation: When you advocate for special treatment of the stars, that is how resentment builds within a locker room. You divide the room, and you're screwed. That isn't just the kind of thing that gets a coach fired by a GM looking to salvage the situation, but it is the kind of thing that can utterly undermine a rebuild as in the worst case, the team would have to pick a faction to support and move out dissenters.

Mony and Gaudreau are still basically kids. They screwed up. If Hartley does sit them, they will hopefully learn from this. Especially with a guy like Giordano there to guide them.

Edit: Keep in mind also that we routinely mock Hall and the idiots up in Edmonton for their loss, party, loss, party, loss, party mentality. Remember Ference's veiled comments about it. We can't rightly continue to mock that if we're going to accept it in on our own team.

Last edited by Resolute 14; 02-09-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post: