View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #99
druetetective
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It looks like McDonald was signed on July 2 last year,which would mean his contract was a 19 year-old signing, so it can only slide for one season (which is this season).

If his contract was able to slide next year as well, I could see them sending him back to Charlottetown. Since they'll be paying him next season, I expect the plan is for him to play pro. Gillies will get the bulk of the time in Stockton, so McDonald will most likely go to Adirondack.

On the weekend, I saw something that said three of eight All-Star goalies had ECHL experience. Holtby only had 12 ECHL games, but Dubnyk and Quick both played most of their first pro seasons in the ECHL.

As we've seen with Ferland and Kanzig, the Flames aren't afraid to send a
guy back to junior even if his ELC clock is ticking, but I suspect that Plan A is to have a guy who's collecting a paycheque be collecting it in the Flames' organization.
So a player can be playing junior and be getting a NHL paycheck? (AHL portion I assume?) I assumed it knocks a year off but no money was paid out when it slides in that situation. Interesting.

Last edited by druetetective; 02-05-2016 at 01:56 PM.
druetetective is offline   Reply With Quote