View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #1148
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We are considering some art work for our house as we have some large wall space to fill.

We also have a small TV in this room that I use a chromecast to entertain kids, etc. as I generally don't like having a TV in this room. That said, the other day the TV was left on and the chromecast was scrolling through some nice pictures. It's a crappy old TV, so I couldn't tell if the quality was bad pictures or bad image. I suddenly wondered about putting a big thin screen up on our wall vs. art and having pictures always scrolling.

If I'm spending a few hundred on a picture (home sense, ikea, urban barn, etc. type of styling) mounting a thin TV might only be a few hundred more.

However some concerns.
1. Power usage, what a waste of power?
2. expensive still?
3. wires/source, etc. Could always do powerline ethernet to the TV, but... still, I hate mounting pictures on walls and they don't involve power cords.
4. Hockey games, is there anyway to get flames games / sports games without having more cables? Ideally it be best to just have a power cable and a network cable going to the TV. Or the whole thing becomes quite the project and I'd just stick to a stupid picture.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote