View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #33
RockOnRoberts
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On the topic of Deryk Engelland, I was looking back at old threads for fun and found this post. Funny how things change over time and scary looking at how bad the prospects were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
Lowell (10 guys including 1 goalie)
-------
F Justin Taylor
F Darren Lynch
F Dustin Johner
F Carsen Germyn
F Patrik Nilson
*F Brandon Prust/D Adam Pardy
D Brennan Evans
D Mark Giordano
D Richie Regehr
G Brent Krahn

Vegas
-------
F Davin Heintz
D Deryk Engelland
G Davis Parley

* - I think Harvey and Bellemare should definitely go back to junior for their overage season. Prust could probably go either way. Pardy could be ready for pro hockey.

I guess we'll see which of the guys who can play junior or turn pro end up turning pro. To me Heintz looked the least advanced out of the UFA forwards we signed, he'd be my choice to go to the ECHL but that was only based on a rookie camp so this is all just a guess. Still don't see much in Engelland, I'd start him in the ECHL.
this isn't a news flash...but the thing with that Lowell list? outside of Evans, and arguably Krahn...not a single name there that you could consider a decent NHL callup for this season (whereas last year at least we started with Dome, Green,Davidson, Wallin, Sonnenberg etc)

hoping for a healthy Loyns to slip through there, but otherwise we've got nobody on 2 ways , right?