View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #483
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I like Fallon, but his stuff can be predictable, and at times, full on planned. You can see it unraveling according to plan to the point where you can guess the punch lines. I am no comedian, so that's saying something if I can guess the punchline. Some of it is still enjoyable, but I think it lacks spontaneity.

One of the best moments I can remember on any show was when Conan was doing a skit, one of the skits where it was a picture slideshow of some outing he and Max and/or Andy went on and he would narrate the pictures. Early on in the bit, something went wrong and they couldn't get the pictures to show on the screen, so Conan had to fill the time by ad libbing. He ended up doing a strip tease, where he got on top of his desk and danced. It was hysterical, made even more funny because you know it was just Conan riffing because something went wrong. Completely unplanned. I think it's why his remotes are great, because it's him just going somewhere to be funny and see what happens.

I wish shows allowed things to happen naturally, would be way more funny.
Obviously everyone's mileage may vary, but for my money nothing matches Late Night with Conan, even the current Conan. The Clutch Cargo bits, GE Satellite, all of the skits with Max and the writers, If They Mated, Actual Items, and on and on... Consistently unique

Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post: