View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #357
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ cool, should be a fun time for you guys as you travel to boston and other locations - i shudder to think of the associated cost though.....

i also take a second to provide and update on my son as his hockey journey continues. he is still currently with the AA team as one of thier regular goalies remains sidelined and on concussion protocol. My son has now been practicing regulary with them for about a month now, and of course he is really getting emotionally invested. i am thankful that i have an understanding employer and i was able to shift my work hours from 6.30 am to 3 pm so that i can rush home, pick him up and get to practice 3 times per week. so far we have not had a lot of conflicts with our community team; however, that also changes starting next weekend as the AA team has games on Saturday and Sunday and our community team has a tournement next weekend - so I will have to discuss the situation with the community coaches and see if an arrangement can be worked out.

The injured AA goalie is apparently out until sometime after the 8th - but it will likely be extended to the 20th or so.

for the past month my son has been on the ice as many as 7 times per week as we juggle the demands of two teams, and he tells me he is not getting tired of it yet.

I am hoping that in the new year we can focus on him being on one team - as the AA team does not ahve to lock down thier roster until early january but in order for my son to be added to the roster full time, the otehr goaile needs to officially give up his spot.

Meanwhile, our community association team keeps rolling along, and we will be moving up from div 5 to div 4 in the enw year - so it will be interesting to see how the teams plays as they will face more pressure......