View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #20
Flames-FanAttic
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Since we are talking humidifiers, can anyone recommend an installer in Calgary? My furnace has one of those cheap little water pan ones (I don't know what they are called), and the water shutoff valve has failed anyway. So I'd like to get a proper humidifier.

Are there any types, brands, companies that I should consider or avoid? My house isn't huge, and my furnace is a run of the mill Lennox that came with the house 13 years ago...
The General Aire 570 and 1042 are your best bet if your are looking for a mid level humidifier. These humidifiers are flow thru which means when there is a call for humidity, there is a continuous stream of water flowing through your humidifier pad and down your drain.

You can purchase this type of humidifier at your local hardware store and they do come with instructions on how to install yourself. The hardest part will be wiring properly to work your furnace.

I have installed many pan type, flow thru and steam humidifiers. If you have any questions regarding the types and how they work or even how to install properly, feel free to PM and I would be happy walk you through the steps and provide you with the information needed to install correctly.