View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #344
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSJ View Post
We are Boston bound tomorrow morning for tryout for the 08 Boston Jr Bruins. Should be a great experience for Will. approx 75 kids trying out.

He has a big sign up on his wall that he made with 2018 Brick tournament #16 Will Clark. Getting to that tournament is his goal and this is his first step.

I'm really excited for him the best part for me though is the fact that he is even more excited about just seeing all the kids that he played with down there in tournaments this spring and summer. they facetime and text on their ipods all the time so it is great that they can hang out for a day and play some hockey together.

Should be a great ride.
Good for you and your kid. I hope it works out for him. It really sounds like he has the right attitude. Go out there, try your best and have fun.

Looking back now at my own teenage years, I really had the wrong attitude. I put so much pressure on myself to perform at tryouts and such that I played bad. My parents are definitely not to blame though. But I always had in the back of my mind "Dont be a failure, you have to make the team, etc etc" or "so much money was dumped into your hockey, it's not just for fun, it has to pay off, etc etc". I ruined my own confidence.

I'm sure you had a big part in your kids attitude development so good job to you too
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote