GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Wes Gilbertson @SUNGilbertson
New-look PP units for #Flames:
Wideman, Hamilton, Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett
A lot to like about this unit. First of all, Wideman is known for one thing, and that's shooting hard and wide a lot from either the right point or the left circle. Having 6'5" Hamilton at the point as the "keep-in" man could be huge.

And at forward, Bennett has one of the better one-timers on the team and is willing to take it from various angles. He's also a monster at winning puck battles which we desperately need.

Quote:
Giordano, Russell, Backlund, Colborne, Hudler
This also finally gets a good playmaker on the second unit in Hudler, while giving him space to work with Backlund. I'd still prefer a high IQ guy like Jooris or Granlund over Colborne, but if we have to dump n chase, at least Colborne can sort-of chase.

Quote:
Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH
#Flames lines:
Colborne-Monahan-Hudler
Gaudreau-Bennett-Frolik
Raymond-Backlund-Jones
Bollig-Stajan-Jooris

Wills reporting slightly different lines

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected lines vs. #Senators:
Gaudreau-Bennett-Frolik
Colborne-Monahan-Hudler
Raymond-Backlund-Jones
Bollig-Grant-Jooris
People might be nervous about scratching Stajan but I think this team could benefit from it because we really need an influx of speed. I would have preferred scratching Bollig though because he's a useless plug.

Forget that though, I like that top nine. Let's start with Raymond-Backlund-Jones. Backlund-Frolik just wasn't working to my eyes. Backlund and Jones flat out worked last year. Raymond just needs to find open areas and let the other two set him up for one-timers. He's no Bouma but he's still a good shot.

Colborne-Monahan-Hudler? Well this line saw some time together last season (and a smidge in Monahan's rookie year). Check their advanced stats, they were 52.6% Corsi-For which is something this team desperately needs - a line not getting out-possessed.

Gaudreau-Bennett-Frolik. We needed this line. We needed Bennett at center, we needed Frolik on Monahan or Bennett's wing.

And Johnny-Sam?

Hell.
Yeah.
The Future Is Now.

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Brodie game-time decision tonight for CAL
I was already hype, but this is the final nail in the coffin.
I.
Am.
HYPE.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 10-28-2015 at 11:57 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: