View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 12:54 AM   #33
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
I hated the style of hockey that Sutter was using, but he had no choice. The only way to try and compete for a final playoff spot with that roster was to play that way. Do some forget Hartely's first year with the flames when he changed it to a more open , speed game, with pretty much the same roster that Sutter had? They were done by the end of January.

Granted I doubt he would have changed his game plan if he had the roster that the flames have today.

Also for the poster laughing that Sutter should have gotten consideration for Jack Adams.... I agree with Francis. If he had snuck that country club , veteran , slow team to the playoffs , he should have been considered.

To be fair, Hartley was brand new to the organization and didn't even get a full training camp to prepare. He also had Kiprusoff who had a career worst year, his last one in the NHL. I don't buy that this was a product of the team in front of him either because he looked Scrivens-esque and was supplanted by Joey fricken McDonald as the starter by the end of the year.