View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 PM   #244
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today I hate my job more than most days. I work for a municipality and I'm working on a couple of grants and other projects and now I'm being bombarded with people complaining about something that is 100% out of the townships control. We live in Northwestern Ontario in a rural community and there are a lot of bears in the area. One loudmouth in town is complaining that a bear got into his garbage and made a mess. He's going a little overboard with things and it's actually causing an issue at the municipal office. We life in an area where there has always been bears, deal with it. He left his garbage outside where a bear could get to it and the bear did in fact get to it, but that's someone else's fault. He wants the township to pay to have bears trapped and relocated, the Ministry of Natural Resources stopped going this because the found it ineffective because the bears that were tagged and relocated ended up coming right back. He's saying the town needs to have something done about this issue. Well the town has no money so the options are he pays for it directly or we raise taxes in the township to come up with the money to do it. He wants the town to get the media involved...there are countless bear news stories in the regional papers and news outlets.

He's complaining because it happened to him but he didn't care when it happened to anyone else. I think he should sit down in a closed area with one of the bears to discuss the issue, maybe he'll get further into negotiations then we did.