View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #198
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Thanks for this! Definitely some interesting stuff and makes me more optimistic about post grad life.

Would it be silly to considering complimenting my degree with some graphic design/art training? A year or two long program seems enticing to me and why not do it while I'm still young. Any recommendations for these kind of programs in western Canada?
Not silly at all. I think ACAD has a 2 year certificate program that you might want to look into. That said, you'll learn far more on the job than you will in school. You might want to try and get your foot in the door somewhere and then continue your education on the side.

I did business school as well, and only discovered the option of working at an agency in my final year. It's completely understandable how the business schools here push grads into things like oil & gas, finance, and accounting, but also a shame that so little time is spent looking at the other options.

Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread, so if you wanna chat further, feel free to PM me.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
bax