View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #114
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
I am 40 and I felt the same way about starting over until I spoke to my doctor; he is also a good friend and knows me well. He said even if I took a four year degree, I would be done school before I am 45 and have 20 years left to offer am employer. For me, that comment alleviated a lot of the feelings I had about being too old to go back to school. That being said, the adjustment to a lower financial situation isn't appealing.

I do appreciate the input and I have thought about it the trouble is a really have no idea what I would want to do. With the wife starting out new I have said to myself lets see what shape we are in in a year or two. She will be at the mercy of shot dates and most in the film industry do not work year round. So once we have a feel for how that plays I start to think about a change again.

I am also actively pushing my company to relocate due to a few things so the thought of designing a new facility has me pretty excited. Should know in a few months how that looks.
I would suggest doing a comprehensive vocational appraisal. Many of the things that were highlighted in that testing for me were things I didn't imagine being possible and 6 years later I'm in the thick of it doing them.

It might really alleviate some of the things 'blocking' you from looking elsewhere.

Last edited by Flash Walken; 08-20-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote