View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #93
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Colbert really pioneered that style of satire journalism with his brilliant Super Pac stuff. I could definitely see that influence with Oliver's religion setup, especially stressing how everything they were doing was completely legal
When it works it really is next-level stuff. I don't know if I'd say Colbert pioneered it; a lot of the stuff he did was really silly and random as befit his character... Remember when he almost got a bridge in Hungary named after him?

Anyway, it reminds me of years and years ago when the Reform party introduced some ridiculous measure where if you could get 300,000 Canadians to sign a petition they'd put it to a vote in the House of Commons or something like that, and Rick Mercer successfully got the required number of signatures on a measure to force Stockwell Day to change his name to Doris.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: