View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #970
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAV View Post
Anyone know if/how/when iTunes/Apple Radio will be available via AppleTV in Canada? I've been hoping I could just jump to it via the ATV, but haven't seen an icon/link for it.

Any news, or am I going about this the completely wrong way?

Interesting. I almost didn't believe you that it wasn't already there, so I tried it and it was weird.

If you recall, iTunes had iTunes Match a couple years back that let you send all your personal music to the cloud. While Match is still a thing, Apple Music borrows the idea and just expands upon it. If you have the album "Dookie" by Green Day, it recognizes it as available on the streaming service and just defaults to that. However, if you have an album called "Green Day (Calgary Bootleg 2005)" it won't recognize it and will upload it in the same way it did with iTunes Match. On the surface your library looks the same even though it's using a frankenstein hybrid of local music, iTunes Match, and streaming.

iTunes on the Apple TV can play your music, but only the parts of your library that were physically in your possession. It won't list or give you access to any part of the streaming service.

TL;DR: The only way to really do this at the moment is to airplay it from an iOS device or your computer.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: