View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #961
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah it sucks but you can't blame Apple, Samsung, etc for making big profits when there are so many people addicted to their phones and having the latest and greatest. I know people that get new phones every single year (sometimes tow or three phones in a year) just because they have to have the newest. I usually like to change up at the expiry of my plans so I guess I'm part of the problem but I feel once I upgrade from my 5S to a larger screen phone I may hang on to it for a while as the industry is kind of stagnated as the only thing new phones are offering is marginal improvements in performance and camera operation. It's already starting to happen as Samsung is missing sales targets and after a few years of larger screens Apple's gains will stagnate as well.
I blame the historically subsidized phone model, where people don't realize what they're really paying. If all cellphones were sold on the open market not tied to contracts or carriers, then I'd guess flagship phones would be under $300 by now.
nfotiu is online now   Reply With Quote