View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #67
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
They're not that big.
I'm only 3/4 through the 4th book and there are some fairly significant plot points that haven't occurred in the TV series.

Relax not and fret still, my friends, there is still enough of the books already published that could possibly be used as spoilers for season 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the episode itself, it felt super-rushed up until the atonement scene. They sure didn't mind dragging out a nude Lena Headey marching through the streets. Just a lot of stuff jammed into a single hour that I feel may have been better served stretched out or at least separated a bit.

I'm not sure if Jon lives or dies. Melissandre returning to the Wall abruptly leads you to believe it's a possibility, but her demeanor after returning screams 'I've lost faith'. Stannis' execution wasn't shown on screen, so that could go either way.

Gotta admit, as Jon was getting the full Caesar I was pretty pissed off. Pangs of "that's it, I'm done" coursed through me. He's one of only 2 characters I have any emotional investiture in (the other being Tyrion), so to see him slaughtered at the hands of his own men after defeating a Whitewalker in single combat was infuriating on a number of levels.

On a side note, and acknowledging that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't understand how anyone, having not seen the entire series to its conclusion, can declare that any sub-story/plot is pointless or a waste of time. There is still a large portion of the narrative to go, and anything and everything that happens could have large repercussions going forward. Hell, Meryn Trant's murder is a direct result of his off-screen actions in the eighth episode of season 1.

Not the best episode of the series in my view, but it has me pretty-well hooked for the premier of season 6.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 06-15-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote