View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #41
JohnnySkittles
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry David View Post
This being a magical season that may not be replicated in the sense that no one was expecting it. Going in to next year, expectations will be higher. I get that part of it.
As for "career seasons from almost everyone", I hear this a lot. Wouldn't that be obvious when most of our key guys are still very young in their careers and nowhere near the typical point for their peak?
Yeah, having more expectations vs next to no expectations can really have an effect, espesically on a young team. Though I can't imagine Gaudreau, Monahan or Bennett having too many issues with this anyways, and the ones that do I'm sure Hartley will help immensely.

Yeah, Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, Brodie, all these guys will continue to have 'career years' for a few more seasons. But it's more of the older players like Hudler, Russell, Wideman, Engelland (Not so much for points but for stepping up in a huge way as our D went through some injuries).

And also just guys that came out of nowhere and contributed in big ways, Jooris, Bouma, Ferland.
JohnnySkittles is offline   Reply With Quote