Thread: [PGT] Flames beat Dallas 5-3!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #261
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Jealously from HF Oilers

Quote:
I'm sure people are sour but if you actually watch the Flames play often they get hemmed in their own end for long stretches of time and then score on their limited chances. It's basically rope-a-dope. They have almost everything going their way from bounces to calls to teams stupidly playing their backup goalie (I'm looking at you, Nashville).

I for one don't believe for a second that the Flames have turned it around (history has shown that poor possession teams have it catch up to them), but with that being said, how is it almost every team can make the playoffs, fluke or not, while we toil in the bottom 3 for the 5th out of 6 seasons? It's actually statistically more unlikely to be this bad for this long than it is to do what the Flames are doing.

We haven't even sniffed the playoffs in 6 years and we haven't seen a playoff game in 9. We're likely to surpass the record for longest playoff drought, and the worst part is that we're not even remotely close to turning it around because the idiots up top pat themselves on the back like it's going out of style.

I partially agree on your point about success but it's all about scope. "Success" for the Oilers is making it to Christmas without being so far out of the playoffs that it's hopeless and we couldn't even make it to Halloween. And then MacT and Lowe will sell the fans on the pointless late season winning streak as hope for next year, barely do anything to the roster and then oops! Auston Mathews come on down!

Being an Oilers fan is bad enough but seeing every other team succeed in a fraction of the time makes it unbearable, no matter how much of an illusion it might be.