View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryzsky View Post
Applied for a mortgage with a broker, approved and went through Scotia. While completing the paperwork they asked if I wanted to pay my property taxes myself or have them included in the mortgage payment. I preferred to pay myself, they said no problem and they forwarded the TIPP forms to me. I got them done, no problem. City of Calgary has taken 2 property tax payments so far.

2 mortgage payments in and Scotia is also taking a property tax payment. Called them and was referred to some woman downtown, faxed in proof on my TIPP enrollment, proof of payment, etc. She said she would issue a refund, didn't hear back, faxed all information again and asked for confirmation. No word back

Got handed off to someone else at Scotia today and they're "not sure" but think because I put less than 20% down that I must pay through them. But she'll have to find out for sure and call me back on Tue.

I'm getting different answers from everyone. What's the story? Put less than 20% down and you cannot use the TIPP program?

This entire process has been incredible, I don't know how many times I've asked a simple question of the mortgage broker or realtor and was met with silence or "I'm not sure". As if it's the first time the question has ever come up.
I put less than 20% down on my condo 3 years ago and am paying and always have paid for my taxes through the TIPP program.