View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #22
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Blog comparing Bailey to Rick Nash?

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015...y-lions-hockey

Quote:
I don’t mean to be hyperbolic, but Bailey’s pattern in his three season reminds me of another well known character in hockey circles, one that I’m sure you’ve heard of. This person, first and foremost, is in the NHL. Just like Bailey, in his first season on a new team, he flashed promise in a limited amount of games, before disappointing in year two. In year three, he’s made all the adjustments, and is just currently tearing the league up.

Who am I thinking of? None other than Rick Nash of the New York Rangers.

Yes, it might be a bit excessive to compare a third-year college hockey player to the NHL’s leading goal-scorer this season, but the pattern is there. And as a player, while Bailey might not exactly have the puck-handling skills that Nash possesses, they certainly share the aggressive mentality and powerful shot that is necessary for any offensive force. And that’s exactly what both players have been for their respective teams.

Nash was a former No. 1 overall pick in the NHL Draft, and Bailey certainly won’t be that. But he has a chance, I believe, to eventually be a Nash-lite type player. They have similar frames (Nash is 6-foot-4, 213 pounds, while Bailey is 6-foot-3 and 205), and use their big bodies for similar positive purposes. They’re both just as effective away from the puck as they are with it. It might seem an excessive comparison at first, but Nash and Bailey are more similar than one might initially suspect.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: