View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #45
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Good: Using Johnny Canuck instead of the Orca Bay monstrosity (or the utterly boring stick-in-rink-to-make-a-C-out-of-negative-space). I happen to like Johnny Canuck, and there’s a genuine bit of history behind the name, which is a rarity in Vancouver.

Bad: Putting a mascot in full hockey equipment on the logo, just so, you know, people who might otherwise never have heard of the Canucks will know what sport they play. That just screams ECHL, or SPHL, or best of all, UHL, like this classic logo here:

If they used the shoulder patch design for the main logo, it would be simpler, stronger visually, and more appealing in general. It would also get rid of the green-on-green thing with Johnny Canuck’s shirt, which is my main objection to the colour scheme of the jersey.
Good Jesus I cant believe thats real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
This image was making the rounds a few years ago. Regardless of what I think of the team, this is one great-looking logo. I have no idea why they didn't go with it.

Thats a sharp looking jersey.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote