View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #60
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
I read your guys excitement for kulak but could somebody tell me how he's playing in depth, is he following Brodie's footsteps. I'm not expecting this or last years version of Brodie but I think a Brodie that emerged in the shortened seasons ending could be what kulak becomes.

Besides the cream of the crop of our prospects (2011/13 guys, Bennett, gillies) him and ferland are my favourites. I'd really like anything to read about him and maybe ferland while you're at it.
The thing about Kulak is that he looked outstanding when guys like O'Brien, Billins and Smith were in the lineup at the end of last season. That's no coincidence.

Rather than say what Kulak is good at (which Caged Great outlined well), it'd be best to say what Kulak is bad at. Right now, his greatest weakness is he's overly confident. I know that sounds weird when you're talking about hockey players, but he tries to push the puck up the ice himself far far far too often. In Vancouver he was allowed because, heck, he was arguably the best player on his team. He's seriously got to learn to take it easy, survey the ice, see the lanes, see who's open and make the pass. If no one is open, then try and skate it up the ice.

Sometimes the guy doesn't even skate it up to the red line and dump in, he'll try and dangle through all five players to break into the zone. It's strange to watch and almost makes me wonder if he's developed a bit of a selfish streak.

In his own zone, he's not half bad. He tends to make good plays to get the puck out. I wouldn't mind if he was a bit meaner, especially in front of the net.

Clearly his greatest strengths are his skating and shooting. That goes without saying. He just really needs to work out the kinks and who better to teach him selflessness and meanness in his own zone than Wotherspoon?
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: