View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #178
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

I voted for keep the thread but moderate it.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the difference between Henrik Lundqvist's commercial for underwear and images of just an ass being slapped, or bouncing tits, that may or may not have been photographed or distributed with the persons consent, and who may or may not be underage. Because all of those things exist in the YLYL thread and that's what I was referring to as "the issue". I'm not trying to police anyone's sexuality here.

I kicked this debacle off and I obviously should have chosen my words much more carefully. I think there is a high prevalence of sexism on this site. I thought that objectification was included as part of the definition of misogyny, but it seems that is arguable. So, sexism, not misogyny. SOME POSTS within YLYL is one example of the sexism on this site, but as Eastern Girl said, it spreads to other threads. It's noticeable for me. It contributes to me spending less time here and posting less in general. And I work in a male-dominated field, and I'm not a troll. I think my tolerance for low level sexism and objectification is sadly pretty high.

Anyways. I don't have the answers and I find the argument exhausting, probably mostly due to sheerly being totally out-numbered as a female poster on this board. I report the worst of the posts that I see to the mods and assume it gets dealt with if they feel it's warranted. And I just don't even go into the YLYL thread.

Last edited by Peanut; 09-02-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peanut For This Useful Post: