View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #174
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Cosby View Post
"Do we need affirmative action for other attractive images"?
No need to be dickish about it. Relax.

Part of it would fall under the stricter moderation of not allowing people to post negative comments like "too fat" or "too skinny" or "too many tattoos" or whatever. That alone would probably make it more inclusive and encourage people to post a variety of women instead of the carbon copy photoshop model forever.

Otherwise, namely: Men.

It probably doesn't make sense for women or men who enjoy other men to have their own thread since the population seems to be a lot smaller than the straight-male crowd, but I think having one "Mega Thread" that a woman or man can come in and say "Has anybody seen this guy? Amazing!" (Much like the Lundqvist commercial that was shared a bit ago) is a lot more inclusive and fitting to a fun atmosphere than it just being women (and a strict type at that).
To respond to the bolded part first: Why the hell not? The whole point is that you can have a thread of your own any time you want and nobody does it. You already have the freedom and choose not to exercise it. I don't get what you're trying to accomplish other than forcing other people to view what you consider attractive to prove a point of some sort. The thread already exists, and has had for a while, without any complaints until recently. There have also been hot guy threads as Minnie illustrated earlier, which might have been worse than the hot girls thread since the hotties were being drafted and ranked according to their looks.

If it feels like I'm being "dickish" it's because I feel like we're trying harder and harder to appease a vocal minority (a very small one at that) at the expense of what the community at large wants. I'm hoping the poll will put the debate about what to do at rest.

That's it, I'm out for the night. You can all decide what to do from this point. I've said my piece.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: