Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Good thing no one's done that.
Lol wut. Within the first two pages:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yes it's the objectification that veers into misogyny (presenting a woman as a trophy, decoration, or otherwise removing the more "human" characteristics of a woman, such as her face, and presenting them only as a sex object). I believe that falls within the definition of misogyny but I'm no means an expert..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Well the obvious thing is that it's very existence normalizes the idea of sexualizing and objectifying women. After all, it's simply taken for granted that a supposedly gender neutral hockey forum has a massive girlie pic thread.

Second, it's mostly just very heavily photoshopped pics. Some of the photoshops are so grotesque that I honestly think only people who have not seen a lot of naked women in real life could find the pictures attractive. At least for me it's uncanny valley galore.

This seriously distorts the ideas of beauty, and the thread is only about women, so again, sexist. This if course is not a CP thing, it's just the world.

Third is of course the types of pictures in those threads. It's the part where it gets complicated, which is why I'm going to skip the more radical feminist views (which I'm aware of, but it really is a complicated topic) and just point out some stuff which I think is more blatantly problematic.
Again. Total self righteousness. From the same poster (peanut) who was busted in objectifying a man.

People are objectified everyday. Women can't get enough of my hair and tell me I have an amazing ass. Who cares? I'm not gonna whine about it. You guys are acting like only dudes do this. Hahahhaha

These girls are attractive. So what.

Girls, feel free to make a hottie guy thread. I promise I won't be upset.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote