View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #147
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
That's weird, our team was notified of schedule changes.

My understanding is each of the gold entries get at least 5 games, whereas the silver ones only get a minimum of 4, so at least your boy is getting extra ice time.

As for your game against Team Alberta, most teams get rolled by them so don't feel so bad. I can tell you something is definitely odd to me though with team placements because Havoc is playing in silver when they should be gold. Then again I know Havoc prides themselves on winning medals over player development so that could be a part of that...

As for doing our own tournament, we'd likely be interested, but it's tough not to be in the Stampede Challenge which has been running for a long time (even if it's done poorly).
I remember the Stampede Challenge... My buddy and I used to ref games for them when we were in high school. One game saw a team from BC that wasn't used to hitting going up against an Alberta team that was. The BC kids wanted to show how tough they were, and the result was a cavalcade of high hits, sticks, arms, elbows up, all in the facial area, and a parade to the penalty box ensued.

In the second intermission, the tournament organizer, a man named Kelly, came down and informed us that "there's a former NHL player up in the lounge who says this is the worst officiated game he's ever seen". We offer to put the whistles away for the first five minutes of the 3rd, to which he replies 'If someone gets hurt out there, I'll kill you'.

After the game, we collected our $35 bucks, told Kelly we would not be skating the other six games we were scheduled over the next two days, and walked away.

Cue the Cool Story Bro if you must, but it's 8pm on a Friday in June. I've got nothing else to do.