View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #166
CSS
Draft Pick

Quote:
Like you, I'm sensitive to the issue because my little brother is celiac, and I've actually witnessed the pain and discomfort it causes, along with the reality that he is more likely to die because of complications related to his disease. It's great eating gluten free if you want to or if it makes you feel better, but as soon as you spread things that encourage fad dieting and diminish actual diagnosable conditions, that's where I take issue. It's just pseudoscience.
I had to re-read these to be sure I only posted facts.
Not once did CUPOFJO make any claims to fad dieting or the promotion of fad dieting.

YOU made that assumption then chose to jump down his throat. Even after he explained his, and only his experience, you still chose to falsely accuse him to promote your case.

I’m calling out that disrespectful and ignorant behaviour.

I feel for your younger brother. That is a terrible strain on him and your family. I have friends with young Celiacs and have witnessed the challenges parent and child struggle with daily. A parent’s hell is hospitalizing their 5-year-old for stealing cake at a friend’s house because he doesn’t understand why he is different from the other kids and just wanted to know what cake tasted like.

I too hate the gluten-free diet fad. I despise seeing gluten-free donuts as a food choice. It’s ridiculous! Give it a year, and the diet fad will move on to the next big thing, but those suffering from gluten intolerance will still be here.

There are too many documented and published medical findings on both sides of the gluten-free debate. Both sides claim victory. We may have to wait for the ink to dry and a few more years’ worth of studies to get the end results.
CSS is offline   Reply With Quote