View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #105
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I know the pizza thing is off topic but I don't care, in my opinion it's a far bigger issue than gluten sensitivity. I go to an annual Nexen family event at the EPCOR centre, it's a pizza party and theatrical production. every year for whatever reason they keep reducing the amount of pepperoni ordered, even though they get completely devoured as soon as they arrive.

the most recent event was the biggest disaster of all. hundreds of pizzas ordered, maybe 15% pepperoni based at best. at the end they were left with box after box full of unwanted veggie goat cheese taco bbq chicken destined for the garbage. that really says something when a large crowd of people would rather see pizza go to waste than tolerate the poor decisions of a female organizing committee. I honestly questioned my faith and attachment to this mortal coil that night. now that CNOOC is running things, if they continue to have this event I hope they just switch to Chinese food and put an end to the suffering.

oh and the gluten thing is annoying too.
Corporate events people in this town go a little overboard these days. Every event I go to seems to have been planned by people who think that they're planning the Royal Wedding and that simply delivering what people want is too low brow for their event.

It's a pizza party, order crowd pleasing pizza in enough quantities to please the crowd, and stop trying to pretend that it's supposed to be some classy, cultural, or unique experience.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote