View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:08 AM   #7
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
Check out Tawandang German Brewery. It has a cheesy review show, but it's pretty much all locals and expats. It's where I start the bulk of my nights in Bangkok when I'm hanging out with my Thai friends.

If you're looking for non-seedy nightclubs after that, hit Route 66. At 32, I'm on the old side to be there, but it's still always a good time.

For food, go to Raan Jay Fai for the best seafood pad kee mao (drunken noodles) in the world and Krua Apsorn for all around amazing Thai food. Just check the protest activity before you go, because they're both near a lot of the black shirt nonsense.

Finally, I know you said no go-go bars an no ladyboys, but you're staying right in the heart of them with Soi Cowboy (the street from The Hangover 2) and Nana Plaza near the Sukhumvit train stops. You really should check out a ladyboy bar just for the experience. The one in the corner on the top floor of Nana seems to be fairly laid back and they put on a little show. I can't recommend any specific go-go bars, but the girls in the Soi Cowboy bars seem to be more cool with guys who are just there for an entertaining place to drink a few beers.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. What other countries are you headed to? Any plans to visit Siem Reap?
Going to spend the Thai new year in Korat, then head up north to Chang Mai. After that it's kind of up in the air, I wouldn't mind checking out Cambodia but my buddy also has a couple of spots in the Philippines where he has some friends that we want to hit. With how cheap any kind of travel is in that part of the world we're pretty much playing everything by ear
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote