View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #214
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

^

PC will always have more options, however the ease of use and the fact that $99 for a roku 3 vs $$$ for a HTPC is a big selling point.

I have 3 Rokus in my house and over 20 people connected to library and channels. Plex's official Roku app is not the only plex app that runs on the Roku. I actually use 2 others that have unified searches and different library layouts. We talk ease of use, my wife types in a movie or tv show in plex and it finds it, no matter what it is old or new. She then can click download to watch later or click watch to watch now. I'm one who will take ease of use over a few more features I won't use and not having to worry about updating, buying remotes etc because not having to fix things every day because my wife clicked something wrong is a big plus for me. Back when I used a HTPC the daily find what she deleted or phone calls while I was at the hockey game because a driver quit responding really got to me haha.

I have walked at least 10 people on this forum on how to setup plex and get the most out of the roku, plex makes netflix, hulu and prime completely useless. I can help those who have questions and as some can attest to I can help make your roku able to find any movie or any tv show your little heart desires.