View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #820
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

What, in your guys' experience and opinion, is the best sports-watching TV for under $2,500 (55-65")? I had been waiting months for a Panasonic ST60 to go on sale to replace my sports TV, but now it seems they will soon be sold out everywhere so I'm thinking perhaps it's time to pounce regardless of price.

Now, the reason for this post is I started doing some "last minute" research and found some posts regarding flickering or fluctuating whites (such as ice colour) when watching hockey or snow sports on the ST60, which caused some worry. Is it just the ST60 that's bad or plasmas in general? Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much content on this topic. Perhaps due to looking in the wrong places.

I guess my question ultimately is: if you were buying a TV that would be used for 75% sports and 25% movies/misc. TV, would you avoid the ST60 series...and if so, what is the better choice? I don't play video games so input lag is a nonissue, and the room is light controlled so glare is also not an issue.

TIA

Last edited by united; 02-09-2014 at 11:03 PM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote