View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #85
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
This is what I was afraid would happen with Jones (and why I initially couldn't stand that trade). Colorado fans were laughing because they got rid of Jones and O'Brien. In Jones' situation, he earned every penny of that contract by playing a very hard to play against style coupled with some offence. However, injuries started happening, and he became a more perimeter player.

I loved Jones at the beginning of the season - he played that hard to play against style, and was helping put points on the board. He gets hurt, and suddenly he is that perimeter player again. I compared him to Bourque a week or two ago because of that. Hopefully he starts being that bulldog again, and stays healthy.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I loved Jones to start the year but since coming off injury he hasn't been the power forward we were gettting used to. Hopefully he's just transitioning himself back into the game and will be upping his intensity as he gets back into his comfort zone.

I'm not too worried regardless, we can always do what Colorado did and put him on the 4th line. That can at least open a spot for one of our young guys in the top 9. I'd like to see Hanowski given a shot as he can become that kind of player and is also one of few natural RWingers.

As for the game, I have a good feeling about tonight and very happy it's not their backups first start or I'd have the opposite feeling.

5-3 Flames - Goals by Backlund, Hudler, Stempniak, Monahan and Wideman.