View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
This is going to sound very Orange Julius, but I had an interesting conversation with someone today who has direct access and knowledge of the Friars team.

We were talking about the 3 Flames prospects and how soon they might turn pro. When I suggested that he is ready to make the jump next year IMO, they agreed and added that he isn't a fan of school - not much of a student. I suggested this is very good news for Flames fans. They agreed with me that that there is a good chance that he turns pro after this season.

I stand by my prior prediction that Gillies will play a game for the Flames in 2014.

Not going to say publicly who I was speaking with, but mods can PM me if they like.
Interesting...I think it is going to be quite the time around here once the College hockey season ends. I was so focused on the obvious seniors signing deals with the Flames (Arnold, Agostino) and hoping that Gaudreau would leave a year early and sign next spring, but I didn't even think about Gillies signing a deal at that time.

Would be crazy to have all four of those guys sign and join the Heat/Flames down the stretch.

Feaster is going to have to hang on to those contract spots....I believe we currently have 5 remaining as long as Sieloff doesn't play 10 NHL games this season.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote