View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #63
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Double Dragon 3 - Finally beating the final boss with my buddy, only to have the NES lockup... Still havent seen the game ending (My Kung Fu is without equal)

Super Mario World - Beating the ghost ship and that cave rises from the ocean. The screen shakes... Good stuff.

Super Mario RPG - The first RPG I played. The whole game was incredible, quirky and tons of fun. I especially remember finally figuring out the clues that the ghosts give you in finding 3 locations... Satisfying.

Zelda Ocarina of Time - when you get your first sword in Kokiri forest, and slashing the sign by the pond. The sign slices in the manner you swing your sword, and the sign piece splashes into the water. This detail amazed my 12 yr old self. The whole game in general goes down as one of my all time favorites.
Edit: Also, finally beating the water temple... What a lengthy process that was!

Resident Evil: Nemesis - The first time you meet Nemesis and the game gives you the option to run or fight... Absolutely terrifying! The scenes where he chases you through the environment was absolutely heart-pounding.

Metal Gear Solid - The whole damn game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - The whole damn game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Return to Shadow Moses!!

KOTOR - Realizing that you were in fact Revan. This revelation absolutely side swiped me, I had no idea.

Red Dead Redemption - Leaving the starting town on horseback the first time. It was sunset, and you ride by that little red cliff face... I stopped and looked around and was in awe of the environment.

Uncharted 2 - The whole damn game.

Uncharted 3 - The rooftop chase as young Drake... Amazingly intense and well done.

The Last of Us - Tracking the deer as Ellie.

Dragon Age: Origins - The joining ritual and the cut scene where King Cailan and Duncan are killed...Amazing! This whole game was fantastic.

Fallout: New Vegas - The Strip... The whole damn game. I love the Fallout universe and post apocalyptic genres in general.

Mass Effect 2 - Entering the final relay.

Mass Effect 3 - The Reaper arrival.

Last edited by Baxter Renegade; 10-29-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote