View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #135
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Muta, there is a reason why the guy has never stuck anywhere. He is not a starting calibre goalie. He got outplayed by every single other Flames goalie in camp and I think he is getting more chances than under many other coaches because Hartley likes the vets. He does not control rebounds well and he is prone to letting in soft goals most nights. Some nights he is on but this is a guy who even Feaster ripped because he had a golden chance to come to camp this year and prove he could be an aswer to our goaltending and instead he dropped the ball. MacDonald is a capable backup, that is it. I'm not sure how you are arguing otherwise, is he a relative of yours?
I have to support someone only when they're a relative now? Bizarre logic. I like Joey Mac, I think he has the tools to be a consistent starter. He just hasn't done that yet, and his journeyman status is telling of that. Age isn't on his side, but I see speed and reflexes in him, as well as good lateral movement to suggest that all he needs is the 'toolbox' to accommodate his 'tools'. Whether he gets that in time to salvage his potential to start more remains to be seen.

I'm not a fan of Ramo to date - he's awkward and made dumb mistakes in the Washington game. I have every right to cheer for MacDonald if I want to.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote