View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #68
Flames Fan in Exile
Crash and Bang Winger

Location: Vancouver, under cover Flames spy in knucklehead land
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
To be perfectly honest, I'm a little surprised myself that I haven't experienced worse based on horror stories that I have heard. I stand and cheer when the Flames score, I'm yelling at Flames players during the game, calling them by their first or nick name. I'm sure I come across as annoying to the people around me, but I just haven't had anything all that bad happen to me.

I generally score tickets in the lower bowl and maybe that plays a part? Upper bowl generally is a little more rowdy from what I hear/read.
It's the lower bowl. I annually see the flames play here in Vancouver, 2-3 times and I've done both upper and lower tickets. I will openly admit I prefer shelling out the huge ducats for the lower bowl tickets because fans there are much more civilized. Never had issues down there. It's the uppers where I have run into trouble. I refuse to go up top because I know I'm gonna find trouble there, regardless if I cheer, or sit on my hands. I think it's because Canucks can't handle their alcohol, I swear. Higher up, the less of a view, the more inclined they are to put on beer goggles and ride the smacktard train. It's also the young bloods higher up, who think it's acceptable behavior. (Hate it, I'm now of the ilk that states "these kids these days" and I'm only 45... Grarghargh)

In my experience, especially in Toronto and Calgary, they have beer sizes that are double of what they allow here at games in Vancouver. (including bc lion games.) that shows you that even team management recognizes there's a problem with the fan base. Add that alcohol to a pent up Youngblood trying to gorilla chest thump, with all that hormone kid juice into the mix... You get instant idiot. And as much as some Canuck fans here are sputtering in apparent incensed disbelief, I have complete die in the wool Canuck fan friends (one my wife, unfortunately, I'd rather she be dam leaf fan lol) who will agree with me.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle
Flames Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote