View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #675
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I had no idea that this was not true. I didn't even see it here in CP.. maybe I stopped reading the thread after a while and missed the update. I guess I can remove a bit of concern there. However, didn't Burke try and get a reporter or two in Van fired during his tenure there? Something like that anyways. Not that I really care too much about reporters and their feelings these days whom are often caught writing opinion pieces as fact, and even twisting the truths to sensationalize their articles.

Thanks for enlightening me!
Oh I'm sure he at very least has said to multiple reports something along the lines of "you don't deserve to have your job." I can't speak to whether he actually made steps to get a reporter fired, but who knows. The nice thing about Burke though, is he RARELY gets upset over criticism of himself. Whenever he's angry or bullish it's almost always in defence of a member of the organisation he works for, whether it be a coach or a player.

I think some people confuse his demeanour and style of conversation for anger or being more emotional than it is.

Even in the press conference announcing his new role, a reporter asked a question that had already been answered and Burke said something to the effect of "This is what happens when you get flustered and you forget to do your job and take notes, we've already been over that." Nobody mentioned it, because it wasnt a big deal, but that's just the way he talks all the time. When he's angry, people just pay more attention to his snark.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote