View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
I just think with his offensive ability he is closer to the NHL than not at this point in time, since offensive defensemen is one of our weak spots.
I don't think we have a weakness in offensive defencemen. We have Wideman, who is one of the most productive PP QBs in the game. Giordano and Brodie have also been very productive and aren't afraid to jump up. I haven't followed Russell's career closely but if he gets the ice time, he can produce points as well. We've also got the smallest defence in the league, we don't need Billins, although if he can beat out Russell, I wouldn't be upset but right now he looks like a great fit for the Heat and maybe an occasional call up.

As for Ortio, he's on the last year of his entry level contract. He couldn't make the Heat or our AHL team in his first year and didn't even bother coming over last season. He's made progress in Finland but he hasn't proven to be AHL quality yet.

Sorry to sound so harsh for these two players, I have some hopes for both but they haven't proven anything.

I voted for Nemisz again, injuries held him back last season. He has the size and can fill a need for the Flames and at least has proven to be a reasonable call up. This may be his last chance though to show he is in our plans.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote