View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #248
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

Google Nexus phones are totally unlocked, the Nexus 4 works on all networks and has zero bloatware from any carrier. Carriers cannot lock it nor can they put their own software on it. It's 100% a Google phone and is pure Android.

When it comes to phones like the HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy series of phones software updates to their version of Android are done by them, then passed onto the carriers. With a Nexus you bypass all this coverage.

When Android 4.3 was announced a month back, I had the update on my phone three days later.
Ya the lack of OS update is one of my major peeves... not being able to use my phone in my home that is well within the city limits is a bigger one, but it seems as though these other carriers have decided that a great way to force consumers to upgrade or buy new phones is to never ever update the one they sold us last year. Not only is it complete B.S. that a perfectly good phone is rendered "old" because they don't see any money in providing updates but there are security holes and flaws that are left undealt with as well... all so they can say "Telus" on the screen when I boot up the phone, in case I forgot who I bought it from and pay every month :\

Isn't there a new Nexus on the horizon? maybe I'd be better off waiting for that... paying off my S3 right now is going to be about ~$300 and then the nexus 4 another ~$300... I figured if I could use my S3 then probably worth it... buuut.... hmm.

Last edited by MaDMaN_26; 08-26-2013 at 12:24 PM.
MaDMaN_26 is offline   Reply With Quote