View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the TV side should be more like the radio side. Provide a service that isnt provided by the private sector.

For example in Sports they should cover sports that improve our national identity that arent profitable for other broadcasters. So dump the NHL which can survive on its own and start showing Womens hockey or Lacross or olympic sports in non olympic years. Yes you are going to lose more money but you wont be competing against te private sector and you will be promoting Canadian Athletes.

In news you could reshape how news is done by just providing information instead of editorializing. No more panels, arguments, discussion, just facts and impacts from both sides. No analysis. It would be providing a service that isnt available. Ratings would likely be terrible but it would be unique.

For regular TV programming I think they have done an okay job and their shows are distinct from the mass market offerings.

So what I would do is clean up the union expenses then get the cbc to lose more money on programming because any show on the CBC that is profitable should be sold off to the private sector.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote