View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #35
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Tryout? Cervenka has played in 35 games. Not sure what some posters see in him? He looks slow, soft and hates playing in his own zone. Every youngster that has been called up has looked better than him.

He has played enough games and had enough practices to see this is how his game will be in the future. The statements in other threads that he will be bigger and faster if he trains hard in the off season, reminds me of posters that thought JBO would have a harder slapshot and better body checker if he worked at it in the summer. This is just the way these players play and more than likely nothing is going to change that.
I definitely want them to re-sign him for another year.

- new league, new environment, new language, new systems on the ice
- he was injured at the start of the season (and about 2 months prior), so not exactly in game-shape early
- he got no pre-season
- Hartley, at times, used him wrongly IMO

I'd love to give him another shot, this time healthy and with a full pre-season. He he has shown glimpses of his ability, he has really good hands and has nice chemistry with Hudler. If you put a hard-working, two-way center between them (Reinhart, maybe Barkov if drafted), that could be a very nice line.

I don't know, I just have the feeling that if we let him go, he'll light it up somewhere else and we'll regret it. He can be a really effective player if used properly.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: