Thread: Bitcoins
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Dilemma right now is whether or not to fire back up my 5GH/s conventional mining rigs for 2 months or liquidate it all now before BFL units kill the value of current hardware. The bubble could well burst before then but I have all these GPUs gathering dust.

From the proceeds of selling the 5GH/s worth of conventional hardware at today's prices, I could buy a 25 GH/s Bitcoin Miner...
Without hardware costs, it is a no brainer to run those cards if you are not going to sell them.

Assumign a 2000W power consumption (just a guess) thats $45+ a day at present prices ($135). Even if it drops back down to $50, which it was pretty stable at before this recent bump, you are making $15 a day. Chances are it ends up somewhere in the middle.

You are going to have to pool though, if you were not doing so before, because your average time to gen a block is almost 10 weeks.

At the end, you can still sell your cards for a reasonable amount.

Of course, the sooner you sell and order a ASIC rig to secure your place in line when they actually start shipping, likely the better. However, with the price increases, I expect the rate of ordering to decrease, so it might not be that bad.