View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #104
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
What teams are solidifying playoff spots? Chicago and Anaheim (who the media was telling their fans that they were losing one of, if not both, Perry and Getzlaf this year). You must mean Vancouver who are 3 points up on 9th? I know it sucks being in a playoff race and it's much more exciting being out halfway through the season and hoping for losses, and really hoping for a #1 because, as we all know, a team can only be built by rebuilding and getting #1 picks.
And Vancouver will always be a few points up, and we'll always be a few points within striking view but we're never quite there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyBeers View Post
I do not have much sorrow on it myself, it seems obvious that this team is set up to have an Edmonton style rebuild. They had a coach that was squeezing wins out of a lineup that nobody could understand how it was above .500 like MacT right before he was fired, they got a new coach in that would be so much better than the horrible old coach (re- Pat Quinn) and they are on the path for a substantial rebuild based more on the quality of the team than on Hartley to be fair, but it seems inevitable. Christ the injuries are even eerily similar, Bhulin goes down in Quinn's first year (thus the excuse most Oilers fans used that year) and Kipper goes down for us this year.

The main difference (hopefully) is that the Flames should do better on their sell off than the Oilers did when they sold off Staios for a 3rd rounder, Garbagekov for a 2nd rounder and Vishnovsky for Whitney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Of Liberty View Post
I think you can make a case that there is another similarity with the almighty greasers we're trying so hard to avoid.

Remember their first, original rebuild (TM) with Cogliano, Gagner, Grebeshkov, Nilsson and some other scrubs? Well compare it to our bunch of first rounders Irving Nemisz Chucko Pelech - the similarities are there

I guess what I'm saying is that the more we're trying to avoid being Edmonton, the more we are like them.
How about both having "media friendly" GM's, and both giving out RFA offer sheets?

I think Feaster even said last year he made a DVD...