View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #200
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The main reason I want Iginla gone is for the culture change. As long as he remains a Flame things won't as far as the teams identity of being inconsistent and hard to coach. I'm at the point where I don't care if he leaves as a free agent and the Flames get zero return for him. He's too interwined into the way this team plays and now that he's no longer a difference maker it's becoming counterproductive for this team to have him as captain and top player.
The problem is, he still is arguably the top player. In order to make Iginla dispensible as a player and a leader, someone else has to step up. Who on the team is ready to do that? Somebody should have been able to do that even with Iginla on the team. He was still our leading producer last season.

With or without Iginla the franchise needs a younger leadership group to emerge, and as of now I have no idea who that would be.

So sure, we get rid of Iginla. Be prepared to see an even more leaderless team step on the ice for a few seasons.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote