View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #104
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Flames View Post
Heh. I actually already knew they were white because you didn't mention their race. I just wanted to raise that point.

I know a lot people will have a problem with me mentioning this but I feel like it's necessary to counteract all the subtle racist crap we experience on a day to day level. People often attach the race of a perpetrator to a crime when they are relaying back a story but skip the mention of race when the perpetrator is white. It might not seem like a big deal but it leads to some really messy things. Ex: Where people think that certain races are more likely to act in a some manner when there is no proof for that.

More specifically, the stereotype of bad East Asian drivers. Whenever you see a bad East Asian driver, you chalk it up to their race and it just compounds on the stereotype that you have built in your head. A nice little experiment is to account for race in every single bad driving experience that you have for the next 30 days. I guarantee you will be surprised by the results.

Anyways, sorry for the derail!
Bad drivers are from BC, of all races.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: