View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I think Kingsland would probably meet your objectives pretty well. I lived there for 10 years. It's a relatively quiet neighborhood (considering its proximity to Macleod and Glenmore) and it's pretty easy access to the rest of the city. With a car, you can get pretty much anywhere in the city in less than 20 minutes (except for the far NW).

Depending on where you are in Kingsland, either Chinook or Heritage CTrain stations are a short walk. To get to Quarry Park, you would take Glenmore to 18th Street and you wouldn't even need to go on Deerfoot.

There are other neighborhoods around there that would be good too, but I'd say that anything that's relatively close to Macleod Trail and either Glenmore or Heritage would be your best bet.
I'll second this. I'm in Chinook Park now (waves to Kingsland from across Elbow), and it is ridiculously easy to get anywhere. You'd be against the traffic on Glenmore going back and forth to Quarry Park. It's even a fairly straightforward bike ride to QP or DT if that's your thing.

We also looked at Douglas Glen, liked it but I figured the commute DT would be worse. I am eager to live out the rest of my life never having to commute on Deerfoot, but that's just me.