View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #45
sworkhard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Here was your point:

You are claiming that there isn't enough money in it to get drug companies to test these remedies, and they can't patent it if they do find out why a particular one is effective. Yet - they do do so. I'm not sure how that is "beside the point". It *is* actually the point - the oft-repeated claim that the drug companies don't look into these remedies to see if they are effective is completely wrong, and your repeating it is also completely wrong.
Provide me with an example of a drug company that has done statistically significant and valid double blinds tests on a remedy as traditionally prescribed and not the acting agent in the remedy they think actually does the work. Yes it's exaggerated a bit and saying they rarely do so is more accurate. I never said the drug companies didn't look into them. Your putting those words in my mouth. I said they didn't do double blind tests on most of these remedies and as such its likely that there are some legitimate remedies that have not been tested and therefore the statement that any good alternative medicine is already a drug is incorrect. Looking into a remedy and proving statistically that it works are two different things. There's a reason it's mostly independent groups that perform studies on alternative medicines, and those are, or so it seems, mostly to determine the validity of the latest natural fads.

Last edited by sworkhard; 07-26-2012 at 12:13 AM.
sworkhard is offline   Reply With Quote