View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only ones pointing to this "doom and gloom" are the CPC supporters as far as I can see. Show your work: is there a single post on CP that shows that other parties supporters thought that the CPC would drive the country into the ground? I know its odd...but maybe we just didn't agree with the way forward. That doesn't mean that we think they'll be an unparalleled train-wreck though! Again, that is hardly the standard we need to set for politicians though.

The OAS issue actually irritates me to no end. We knew this was a problem and it never came up once during the campaign. I know that I posted about that during the election and I'm positive I wasn't the only person wondering about our demographics and how they would be dealt with. While something had to be done, the way to handle this was to be above board all the way and address it as an issue during the election. Making major changes to decades long programs without any legitimate public consultation is just wrong. I'm not talking about the solution here, but the how this solution was arrived it.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote